Re: dracut-20-51 - Heads up

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 10:54:12 -0400,
  Marc Dionne <marc.c.dionne@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Harald Hoyer <harald@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Added an automatic test in the dracut testsuite, so that this never happens
again.. Sorry for the inconvenience. Yes, rawhide sometimes eats babies.

Thanks for the heads up... but in my case too late :)  One of the
effects is that chunks of my / went missing, notably /etc and some
other directories that I wouldn't think could be related to this.  So
I ended up doing a reinstall.  Perhaps the corruption is more of a
result of ext4 not handling the multiple unclean shutdowns while
trying to debug.

That happened to me on one of my two rawhide instances. I think I shot myself in the foot while trying to fix things by mounting root read/write when I shouldn't have.