Re: Blocker Bug Tracking Draft Page

On Thu, 2012-06-28 at 10:21 -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 15:33:49 -0500
> Tim Flink <tflink@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > So, I've been working to update the script that updates the blocker
> > bug tracking page.
>

> > What I'm looking to add is:
> >   - hidable sections
> >   - better formatting (column width etc.)
> >   - decent looking css
>
> I've done some UI tweaking and have another demo up at:
>
> http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/blockerbugs/jquerytest/blocker_demo.html
>
> The colors are off, the default sort order isn't quite right and I'm
> not all that thrilled with the banner image but I'm looking for
> feedback on the basic layout and functionality.
>
>  - Are the tabs a good idea?

I can't see that they hurt much, but I'm not entirely sure what they're
helping either. Though I guess I'm biased because my screens are huge
vertically...I guess when we have a lot of bugs, it should save
scrolling on typical sized displays.

>  - Is the javascript usage going to be a problem? It should fallback
>    gracefully if you don't/can't use javascript

It seems to (I tested by temporarily blocking fedorapeople.org with
noscript), so I don't see a problem there.

>  - Is the font big enough?

Well, I enforce a minimum font size in Firefox, so not sure if my
response is valid, but it looks fine here.

>  - Are the icons obvious or is some documentation needed?

It might be nice if they had tooltips?

>  - Is there any other information that should be added?

I can't think of anything offhand.

Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson