Re: Release criterion proposal: PXE

> This has been hanging around for a while, but as near as I can find,
> we
> haven't actually addressed it in a criterion or a criterion proposal,
> so
> here is one!
>
> Proposing a criterion:
>
> * It must be possible to initiate an installation by booting the
> kernel
> +initramfs image pair provided for the purpose and supplying a
> parameter
> specifying the location of installer images. This applies to remotely
> initiating such an installation via PXE
>
> This could be at any stage, really, plausibly. The PXE test case is
> labelled as Alpha, though, so I guess it should be Alpha.
>
> Petr, did we decide something about PXE when we were doing the
> concordance? I can't quite recall, and can't find it in ticket #151.
> thanks!

We already have this in Beta:

It must be possible to install by booting the installation kernel directly, including via PXE, and correctly specifying a remote source for the installer itself, using whichever protocols are required to work for package retrieval at the current phase (Alpha, Beta, Final). This must work if the remote source is not a complete repository but contains only the files necessary for the installer itself to run.

Isn't it basically the same? Do we want to have a simplified version for Alpha?