Re: prevent anaconda start

On 2012/05/23 18:45 (GMT-0700) Adam Williamson composed:

On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 20:48 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

 Intel 865 gfxchip.

 No idea whether this result is intentional or not, but I put a 3 on end of
 Grub cmdline to start an HTTP installation of F17 from a mirror. After the
 installation system downloaded, I got login prompts on most ttys, and no
 Anaconda anywhere, text or GUI.

Well, that seems rather expected. If you want a text mode install, use
the option on the boot menu or pass parameter 'text'.

I wasn't looking for a text mode install. The "3" was just a habit from normal booting. For openSUSE and Mandriva/Mageia installation (and IIRC *buntu's and maybe even Debian's), including it will cause their installation programs to also include the 3 in the Grub menu stanzas, but have no effect on the installation process itself. Having it totally prevent any kind of installation initialization having booted an installation kernel and initrd to me is completely unexpected.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/