Testing of packages

Hi,

just a half-baked idea, I'm carrying some time with me around.

Some packages have a check-section being executed during build. Would it
make sense to execute that test, when required packages of that package
get updated (to see, if the update breaks my package)?

(Or other way around: when submitting an update run checks of dependent
packages)

If yes, how to automate this? Is there a way to access the check-section
of a package from outside?
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
               <mrunge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>