Re: f17 alpha, dropbox

On Thursday 01 March 2012 11:48:02 Benjamin De Kosnik wrote:
> anybody have any luck with dropbox on F17 x86_64? It's not showing up in
> the panel, but is in the applications->internet menu. When clicked, it
> tries to install, but fails.

Do you see any SELinux denials?

Dropbox people managed (again) to ship badly built libraries with their
program. The file _ctypes.so in the .dropbox-dist directory is (falsely) marked
as requiring an executable stack which causes the program start to fail.

I just checked the latest stable version (x86-64) downloaded from their
website and it's still broken. You can manually clear the execstack flag of the
so, though.

$ execstack -c /path/to/your/.dropbox-dist/_ctypes.so

Dropbox should now be able to run. You may want to file a bug report with them.

Lars