Re: A question about "Software rendering for gnome-shell"

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Almost all FC17 kernels are debug kernels. A quick way to tell if
>> you're
>> using one is:
>>
>> grep -i CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG /boot/config-`uname -r`
>>
>> 'not set' = release kernel. 'Y' = debug kernel.
>>
>> The kernel team is building one kernel per upstream kernel release (I
>> think that's it) as 'release' not 'debug',
>
> How can I find these 'release' kernels in Koji and distinguish them from 'debug' kernels?

Look for the first build of a new -rcX release.  E.g.

Notice the top of the changelog says 'Disable debugging options.'  When we flip
the debug options back on, it says 'Reenable debugging options.'

> Josh Boyer said that Fedora will use a release kernel from Beta through GA. Does that mean that Beta TC1 will contain a release kernel or it will be only in Final TC1?

According to the QA schedule, the 'Test Beta Candidate' is due on March 22.
I'll try and work with the QA team to ensure the debugging options are disabled
for that candidate (and onwards).

The kernel team rotates who is maintaining each branch on a monthly basis, so
someone else will actually be doing the work on the F17 branch by then, but
I'll still make sure it happens.

josh