Directory layout for F17 repo?

Part of the F17 repo is present now, but it looks like it is using the older
all in one format rather than a directory for each leading character in
file names. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

I want to make a local mirror, but I want to make sure what the directory
format is going to be first to avoid extra work.