Re: how to get "gnome classic with compiz" as boot session option?

> $ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session session-name gnome-fallback
>
> (It's a checkbox in the 'Graphics' section of the System Info control
> panel.)
>
> >From that point, I would think you could then, on login, set up compiz - I
> haven't tried that.

Well, 'set up compiz' is the tricky part. until GNOME 3 we had the
desktop-effects thing which just configured your desired window manager
in gconf, but since GNOME 3, that simply doesn't exist any more.

so I replaced it with a login session definition which just does what
the fallback session does, but with compiz instead of metacity.

See the contents of compiz-gnome
- /usr/share/xsessions/compiz-gnome.desktop
and /usr/share/gnome-session/sessions/compiz-gnome.session .
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey