Re: Grub -> grub2?

On Saturday 15 Oct 2011 13:25:53 Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> So today yum wants to put grub2 onto my rawhide system, nudging grub out
> of the way in the process.  This makes me nervous.  Last time I read
> about this, it wasn't a straightforward update from one to the other.  If
> that has changed, could somebody please give me a warm fuzzy feeling that
> allowing that update would be a rational thing to do?
>
> Thanks,
>
> jon

Hi there,

I'v just migrated today and it was pretty simple actually

i went into /boot/grub2 folder and did...

grub2-mkconfig -o grub.cfg

then....

grub2-install /dev/sda

obviously your /dev/sd?? is whatever your boot drive is
and it worked first time. I'v just copied over some of the old kernel
parameters like vga=0x305 and nouveau.modeset=0 and rdblacklist=nouveau.
your's might not have them  don't know, but it boots ok

Martin