Re: FC16 nfs-utils problem

Hi Adam,

Thanks again.

Sounds like one. Boot until it fails then poke around at 'systemctl
status nfs-server.service'

[root@marbles ~]# systemctl status nfs-server.service
nfs-server.service - NFS Server
 Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nfs-server.service; enabled)
 Active: inactive (dead)
 CGroup: name=systemd:/system/nfs-server.service

and the boot logs, see if you can figure out
what goes wrong.

This is the part from /var/log/messages starting with the reboot:

http://cci.lbl.gov/~rwgk/tmp/marbles_boot_2011_10_11_2140

I noticed that "knfs" is started before the NetworkManager. Could it be that the boot dependencies aren't defined correctly and knfs is started too early? (I'm assuming the boot scripts are run in parallel on this 64-core machine.)

Ralf