Re: OK, how do you really update the grub2 config file?

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:28:45 -0400
Tom H wrote:

> Anaconda seems to run grub2-mkconfig, whereas new kernels run grubby -
> and they have different menu entry formats.

And does grubby pay attention to changes made in /etc/default/grub
I wonder? (The fact that I can't find anything like that name
in the "strings" output for grubby probably means "nope").

This seems to be begging for inconsistency and confusion.

What doesn't grubby just run grub2-mkconfig when it detects
grub2?