Re: python > 98% in rawhide

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 21:14:07 -0400
Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:

> Would anyone have any idea why python shows at > 98% in top on rawhide?
>
> How do I find out which app is doing this?

The ls -l /proc/<pid>/fd directory, and you might see
files it has open that give you a clue.

Also a ps with the right options (which I can never remember :-)
will show you the full command line which might have arguments
that provide a clue.

Vast numbers of administrative tools and scripts are written
in python, so it could be lots of different things.