Windows XP and Fedora 16 Alpha RC5 -- won't install for dual boot

Dear FellowTesters:
     I tried yesterday to take one of my qemu-kvm/libvirtd vm's which
was 30gb and loaded with XPSP3 and had 14GB free space and install
Fedora 16 alpha rc5.  I encountered the following issues.

1.  The shrink feature would not shrink the 30GB NTFS partition and
allow for install.  Instead it crashed for an unexpected error was
returned and exit code is 1.  The resulting vm would not even boot windows.

2.   After installing Partition Magic 8.0 and resizing the NTFS
partition so a 10GB free space partition existed Fedora would install
and grub2 would boot Fedora but offered no Windows option.

3.   Running yum install os-prober as root and then grub2-mkconfig -o
/boot/grub2/grub.cfg resulted upon reboot in a grub2 menu with a Windows
option.  Attempts to boot windows resulted in an immediate reboot first
to pxe and the grub2 but never to Windows XP.

4.  Examining the WindowsXP partition with rescue mode from the XP DVD
revealed that several file sizes where now 0 rather than a correct size.

Not really sure what test to run next, but thought I should get this
info out there.

Bob Lightfoot