Re: Relocating mysql

Il 2023-05-18 10:39 Zdenek Pytela ha scritto:
httpd can only read and write mysql sockets, so far there was no need
to allow other interactions.

Hi Zdenek,
ok, so it is not an error or misconfiguration on my part.

You can change the value of datadir in mysql configuration.

Yeah, I have taken this approach.

Otherwise, as in all such changes, you need to create a local policy
to back that change. It can be as easy as

f38# cat local_mysqld_symlink.cil
(allow httpd_t mysqld_db_t (lnk_file (getattr read)))
f38# semodule -i local_mysqld_symlink.cil

When I need to do local policy customizations I generally run audit2allow, whose output is (if I am not mistaken) in different format than cil. There are any documentations on both format types and their differences?

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico