Re: Allow file access to two different domains

Il 2022-10-24 13:45 Zdenek Pytela ha scritto:
Hi Danti,

I am not sure if I am getting you well, please add an example if not.
For accessing types from other modules, interfaces are used, refer to

https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux-policy/blob/rawhide/policy/modules/contrib/samba.te#L524
https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux-policy/blob/rawhide/policy/modules/contrib/snmp.te#L146

I Zdenek, lets say I have a directory /var/www/html (type httpd_t) which need to be served both by httpd and smbd (type smbd_t).

As I can not set two labels on such directory, I have an issue: if leaving type httpd_t, then smbd can not access it; if setting type smbd_t, then httpd can not access it.

Sure, one can use samba_export_all_ro and similar booleans for this specific case. However, what if no appropriate booleans exists for the two services I want to share the same data? Does seliux have special provisioning for settings some files/dirs as "shared between these domains, as if multiple labels were used" or one has to explicity allow the required access via a custom selinux policy (ie: by using audit2allow)?

Regards.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico