Re: polyinstantiation_enabled vs allow_polyinstantiation

On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 1:01 PM Iker Pedrosa <ipedrosa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know what's the difference between the two booleans provided in the title. Is there any documentation that I could check? Is any of them needed when I'd like to have poly-instantiated directories with SELinux in enforcing mode?
Hi Iker,

polyinstantiation_enabled is used in selinux-policy in Fedora whereas allow_polyinstantiation is in refpolicy. The content is not completely the same, but is similar.

Fedora policy used to be based on refpolicy, but they started to diverge quite some time ago.

https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux-policy.git
https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy.git

Zdenek Pytela
Security SELinux team