Re: Error while running setsebool

On 05. 02. 22 11:06, justina colmena ~biz wrote:
The command "restorecon -Rv /" _should_ do the same thing as creating the file "/.autorelabel" and rebooting, but the risk to restoring contexts after the system has already booted is that the privileges necessary to restore certain security contexts may have been dropped already.

Even using /.autorelabel the system loads the security policy before relabeling, the only difference from manually executing restorecon/fixfiles is that the relabeling is performed in permissive mode (so running restorecon/fixfiles in permissive mode should have the same effect as /.autorelabel).

"setenforce 0" just sets a boolean, AFAIK. It depends on policy whether or not that does or should drop all SELinux enforcement mechanisms at runtime, but only the boot-time relabel is _guaranteed_ to restore _all_ system and user files to the "correct" security context according to the prescribed policy.

Not really. "Setenforce 0" (i.e. permissive mode) actually changes behaviour of SELinux regardless of the loaded security policy. The security policy is NOT enforced in permissive mode -- system calls not permitted by the policy will go through just fine and the policy violation will be logged.