Re: Error while running setsebool

On 03. 02. 22 14:35, Geert Janssens wrote:
Hi,

I have a minimal Fedora 35 box that's configured as a mail server. It started
life as a Fedora 33 system and got upgraded to 35 yesterday in an attempt to
fix the following error I was getting.

I am trying to set an selinux boolean using the following command:

setsebool -P rsync_client 1

This returns the following output:
libsepol.context_from_record: type avahi_conf_t is not defined
libsepol.context_from_record: could not create context structure
libsepol.context_from_string: could not create context structure
libsepol.sepol_context_to_sid: could not convert
system_u:object_r:avahi_conf_t:s0 to sid
invalid context system_u:object_r:avahi_conf_t:s0
Failed to commit changes to booleans: Success

Aside from the last line being very confusing the boolean seems to be set but
the setting won't persist across reboots. I suspect the error lines hint at
the problem but a search on the net didn't reveal what's going on.

As mentioned this was already happening while the system was still Fedora 33
(though the undefined type then was something with dns). I hoped it would get
fixed with an upgrade to Fedora 35, but it only changed the type that's
undefined.

What's going on here and how can I solve this ?
Hi,
could you please share which version of selinux-policy you are on and if you have any custom policy modules ("sudo semodule -lfull | grep -v 100")?

avahi_conf_t was only added recently (F34 I believe), which explains why you didn't see it before. Does policy rebuild work properly ("sudo semodule -B")? If not, does selinux-policy and selinux-policy-targeted reinstall do any difference?

Vit