Re: Inputs to add SELINUX policy package on custom bsp

Hi,

not sure how far along you are with SELinux intergration, so just to make sure you are on the same page...
In order for the policy to be useful you need SELinux kernel module and userspace tools.
It seems that Yocto already has SELinux layer (https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-selinux/) providing all the necessary parts including policy (based on refpolicy https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy). I believe using this policy would be your best bet since you wouldn't be the first one trying to use it in a custom BSP.

As for your questions below:
selinux-policy-contrib hosts policy modules for specific services. They need the base policy (https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux-policy) to work. They are designed to work together, but you can choose which ones will be active in your system. As said, I believe you should start with refpolicy, but if you still want to use Fedora SELinux policy please let me know and I'll try to elaborate on the necessary steps.

If you want to learn more about SELinux, I recommend https://freecomputerbooks.com/books/The_SELinux_Notebook-4th_Edition.pdf (but you are still welcome to ask questions here)

Have a great day,
Vit