Re: Is my SELinux configuration wrong and dangerous?

Hi Jason,

1. Well just turning on your computer can lead to it beeing hacked...
Just remember SELinux is a part of the kernel with some policies
defined. You are the one making the rules but by default everything is
denied. (fyi would recommend you going through this
https://people.redhat.com/duffy/selinux/selinux-coloring-book_A4-Stapled.pdf
it is really well explained).
well httpd_sys_r_content_r allow only read only access weither
httpd_sys_rw_content_t allows also write. What is dangerous is the write
one beeing defined everywhere (like in any systems). You can mix both,
on the files that wordpress should write:httpd_sys_rw_content_t and the
rest httpd_sys_r_content_t.

2. this command is setting a boolean to on that allows any programs
under the httpd context to communicate over the internet (yes SELinux
controls everything).

So as a resume, nothing is either white or black but rather a mix of the 2.

And btw if you are really preoccupied about security as a whole just
throw away wordpress (or run it as a static website (for example with gaby).

Vincent