Re: SELinux configuration for web server.

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 08:06:40PM +0000, Jason Long wrote:
> Hello,I want to install Apache, MySQL and PHP on CentOS 8, but I don't like to disable SELinux. I know that SELinux maybe cause some problems and I want to configure it to protect my system. Which SELinux configuration and commands I must run?I'm thankful if anyone share the experiences.

I have just done this.

What I did was to set the server up and run it and watch it fail - ie not be
able to do something because of a permissions failure. Look at /var/log/messages
and look for a line containing 'SELinux is preventing'

The line will have several #012 - replace these by newlines

That will give you a message that tells you what is wrong and suggestions of how
to fix the problem (you decide first if it is a problem and not something that
should be prevented!)

Sometimes the suggestion does not fix it, try another. This is the bit that I do
not like the most; it is not always obvious which of the fixes you should adopt;
then, maybe later, how to back out a fix that did not work or that you decided
was the wrong one.

I suggest keeping a log of these messages and what you did in response to it.

Good luck.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  https://www.phcomp.co.uk/