Fwd: setools-console-analyses package

Forwarded from the "users" list

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: setools-console-analyses package
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 13:34:11 +0300
From: Aristeidis Dimitriadis <ar.s.dimitriadis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I believe there is an error in the packaging of setools-console-analyses which results in one of the tools being unusable. I am close to submitting a bug report but I would like someone to have a look first in case I am doing something wrong. Using up-to-date Fedora 30.

The tool of interest in sedta which performs "Domain transition analysis for SELinux policies" (from the manpage). Running this tool results in this:

$ sedta -s <some domain> -p <some policy file>

'DiGraph' object has no attribute 'edges_iter'

This is a Python error and seems related to the networkx Python library which is listed as a requirement. No version requirements for this library are displayed by rpm. Installed version (by dnf) is 2.3. However, there is this guide :

https://networkx.github.io/documentation/stable/release/migration_guide_from_1.x_to_2.0.html

where it is clearly stated that the "edges_iter" API is removed in version 2.0. The upstream SELinux tools project which I believe is here :

https://github.com/SELinuxProject/setools

does not use the "edges_iter" API (I grep-ed for it). My guess is that networkx was updated but setools-console-analyses was not and now is trying to use an incompatible library version.

No similar issues appear on bugzilla. Should I create one?

Also, is there a way to report a bug without creating a bugzilla/fedora account?  answered in "users" lists

Aristeidis Dimitriadis