file creation and selinux

Hi,

I'm not well versed in selinux and I rarely have run into issues with it.

However, one point that I thought was true doesn't seem to be true.  I was under the
impression that when a file is created and the context for it is defined in the policy it
would acquire it.

For example,

[egreshko@meimei ~]$ pwd
/home/egreshko

[egreshko@meimei ~]$ touch .fetchmailrc
[egreshko@meimei ~]$ ls -Z .fetchmailrc
unconfined_u:object_r:user_home_t:s0 .fetchmailrc

[egreshko@meimei ~]$ restorecon .fetchmailrc
[egreshko@meimei ~]$ ls -Z .fetchmailrc
unconfined_u:object_r:fetchmail_home_t:s0 .fetchmailrc

Shouldn't the context have been correct when the file was created?  How is an average user
to know they may need to add the additional step.

Thanks

--
Right: I dislike the default color scheme Wrong: What idiot picked the default color scheme