Re: antivirus_exec_t shunned on Fedora

On 6/10/19 9:48 AM, Zdenek Pytela wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 11:31 AM Marko Rauhamaa <marko@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:marko@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>

>     I have a service I want to start from systemd. The service startup goes
>     like this:
>
>        systemd ----> prog1[label: usr_t] ----> prog2[label:
>     antivirus_exec_t]
>
>     However, Fedora's SELinux policies prevent prog2 from starting. If I
>     change prog2's label to bin_t or usr_t, the service starts fine.
>
>     What in Fedora's policies bans antivirus_exec_t from running?
>
>     Should I introduce a custom policy that allows that startup combination?
>     If so, can you tell me what that rule would look like (or what document
>     would give me the instructions). I already have a simple .te policy so I
>     know the very basics.
>
>     Or should I just label the file with bin_t and be done with it?
>
> Hi Marko,
>
> There is a type transition which makes a usr_t prog1 end up in
> unconfined_service_t domain:
>
> # sesearch -T -s init_t -t usr_t -c process
> type_transition init_t usr_t:process unconfined_service_t;
>
> but a transition from antivirus_exec_t is defined only for a bunch of
> domains:
>
> # sesearch -T -t antivirus_exec_t -c process
> type_transition cluster_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition condor_startd_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition crond_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition exim_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition glusterd_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition httpd_sys_script_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition httpd_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition init_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition initrc_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition kdumpctl_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition mscan_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition openshift_initrc_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition piranha_pulse_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition procmail_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
> type_transition system_cronjob_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;
>

>     BTW, this is not a sysadmin question. Rather it's a product installation
>     question; the product should work out of the box on Fedora.
>
> The proper way how to start a service is using a service unit, in that
> case it works out of the box. We cannot however suggest any solution
> without further information about your setup.

There is several ways how to solve this.

Your scenario:
systemd[label: init_t] ----> prog1[label: usr_t] ---->
prog2[label:antivirus_exec_t]

What you can to is label prog1 as antivirus_exec_t like:
systemd[label: init_t] ----> prog1[label: antivirus_exec_t] ---->
prog2[label:antivirus_exec_t]

Because of domain transition:
# sesearch -T -s init_t -t antivirus_exec_t -c process
type_transition init_t antivirus_exec_t:process antivirus_t;

The first process will run as antivirus_t and then next one will also
run as antivirus_t.

Or you can specify new domain transitions to have something like:
systemd[label: init_t] ----> prog1[label: antivirus_starter_exec_t]
----> prog2[label:antivirus_exec_t]

But could you please share your use case? It would be helpful.

Thanks,
Lukas.

>     Marko
>

> --
>
> Zdenek Pytela
> SELinux product owner and Senior software engineer, Security technologies
> E-mail: zpytela@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:zpytela@xxxxxxxxxx>, IRC: zpytela

Lukas Vrabec
Senior Software Engineer, Security Technologies
Red Hat, Inc.