Re: Issues trying to change the selinux context

On 5/8/19 1:05 PM, mark wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Imho: longest path match wins.

can you show your fcontext rules regarding that directory?

tip: with `matchpathcon /path/...` you can try any path what context it
would get (existing or not (yet) existing paths) without changing
anything on the fs.

Ah, thanks. Did that, and the /<path>/smwa/webagent/bin is bin_t. Now,
that might be right... but the idiots of CA, who only know Windows, do not
have a ./lib, and all the .so's are in the bin directory... Am I going to
have to live with that?

Fully specified pathnames (i.e. no regexes) win. But locally-added file contexts entries should take precedence over system-provided ones anyway IIRC. What does setfiles -d /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts /<path>/smwa/webagent/bin/foo.so report? Note by the way that your regex only matches things that end in .so, so /path/smwa/webagent/bin itself wouldn't match. Also note that you should escape the dot (\.so) if you want it literally and not the regex match-any character.

         mark