Re: Resetting SELinux to default

On 11/8/18 9:14 AM, Mahmood Naderan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the safest method to reset SELinux to its default configuration
> without reinstalling the operating system?

Generally, when you make changes to SELinux, a file with the extension
.local is created under /etc/selinux.

So to see all the changes that have been made, you can do

find /etc/selinux -name "*.local"

Then you can read those files and back out any changes which have been
made.

On my system, for instance, I have a file:

/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts.local

I just tested, and the booleans.local no longer seems to be created... I
know there used to be a booleans.local file created when you ran
setsebool -P. Has that gone away?

Thomas