Re: USB drive mounting via remote access

On 9/18/18 10:51 AM, mark wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
I maintain some servers via VNC (over my internal network, firewall
rules prevent remote connections).

In the past, I would VNC in as root and I had all the control I needed.
I am trying to get away from root over VNC.  I discovered that a user
account cannot mount a USB drive, no permissions.

This is true for a USB stick, USB connected HD, and a USB connected CD
burner (K3b does not even see the drive).

I am assuming this is an SELinux feature.  I want the user I have set up
for VNC access (that is also in the Wheel group) to be able to perform this
function.  I don't want to have to command line sudo mount, nor can I
figure out what k3b would need.

I have been googling this problem for a few days, but either my search
foo is weak (nothing new there), or there is really no information out
there on this.

So if this IS an SELinux feature, can someone help me with what I would
need as a policy rule?

Oh, right now I am doing this for Fedora 29-armfhp beta.  I will also be
doing it for Centos7-armfhp.

Actually, there are two ways of dealing with it: on a desktop, at least on
the console (like my workstation), it automounts, and the user logged in
is notified. The other answer would be to sudo mount it.

When I am on the local console, it does automount.  Not when I am connected via VNC.

And I want to avoid a command line sudo mount.