Re: Very odd: /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6

On 08/27/2018 07:24 PM, mark wrote:
> justina colmena wrote:
>> On August 27, 2018 6:39:39 AM AKDT, mark <m.roth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> CentOS 7.5, and on one system, I'm getting:
>>> setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail from
>>> read access on the file disable_ipv6
>>>
>>> ll -Z shows -rw-r--r--. root root system_u:object_r:sysctl_net_t:s0
>>> /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6
>>>
>>> I find this peculiar. Anyone have a resolution, or is this a bug?
>>>
>> So do you consider IPv6 to be a feature or a bug?
>>
>> Are IPv4 addresses considered as real estate, and the owners thereof are
>> concerned that their market value might fall if people start using IPv6?
> Nah, we use both, and we do have a reasonable supply of IPv4, given I work
> for a US federal contractor (civilian sector).
>
>         mark

My experience working for federal contractors is very poor. It involved
a brush-clearing job at Camp Bonneville near Battle Ground, Washington,
which turned out to have been subcontracted from a prime contractor who
had been hired by the Army to clean up unexploded ordnance and make
improvements to the real property of the aforementioned Camp in order to
turn it into a county park.

The Washington State Department of Labor and Industries balked at
underwriting workers' compensation for the hazard of unexploded
ordnance, and I heard a rumor that at least one colonel and some other
officials from the Army were given dishonorable discharges for
improperly disbursing federal funds in excess of $5,000 to a contractor
who was not properly bonded for the job under the Miller Act. The
contractors were hauled into civilian federal court. White shirt,
business suit, and black tie or orange jumpsuit and chains, I have no idea.

My employer never got paid for the job, and some of those dishonorable
colonels burned down our office as well as the neighbor's barn, and the
Society of Actuaries was making noise about too many fires in town that
year.  You can call it a "civilian sector" but that's arguable once they
start having a court-martial.

The IPv6 is somewhat a federal mandate, especially for anything that
involves the Department of Defense, isn't it? I use it all the time
myself, and there are a lot of roadblocks in the way of things working
correctly. The military, especially the Army, is notorious for
bureaucracy and red tape.