Zoneminder Policy Fixes

Dear Lukas and Petr,

I have made fixes to the Zoneminder Policy module. Zoneminder will not start with the current one.

Also I took them liberty to add two bools, one for email sending, because Zoneminder can send emails with images, when an alarm event was detected on a camera, and another boolean for ftp access, as Zoneminder can upload alarm events to a ftp, for safe keeping, in case somebody burgles your house and steals your CCTV gear.

It can also use sftp, but not sure I would really like to add a port for that. But if you would like to add that option, I would leave that up to you.

If you could be so kind, to look over the additions, I suspect, there might be a few things in there, one might want to avoid, or require labelling. Or ways to make it more secure.

Policy additions below(Will require merging into existing policy):

module zoneminder2018 1.3;

require {
        type sysfs_t;
        type zoneminder_script_t;
        type zoneminder_var_lib_t;
        type zoneminder_t;
        type v4l_device_t;
        type init_var_run_t;
        type cert_t;
        type httpd_t;
        type syslogd_t;
        type zoneminder_tmpfs_t;
        type smtp_port_t;
        type tmpfs_t;
        type ftp_port_t;
        type ephemeral_port_t;
        class file { create getattr lock map open read unlink write };
        class chr_file map;
        class lnk_file read;
        class dir { create read rmdir search write add_name };
        class unix_dgram_socket sendto;
        class sock_file { create unlink };
        class process { noatsecure rlimitinh siginh };
        class tcp_socket name_connect;
}

bool zoneminder_can_sendmail false;
bool zoneminder_can_ftp false;

#============= httpd_t ==============
#allow httpd_t zoneminder_script_t:process { noatsecure rlimitinh siginh };

#Flagged, but not required.

allow httpd_t zoneminder_tmpfs_t:file map;
allow httpd_t zoneminder_tmpfs_t:file { getattr open read write };
allow httpd_t zoneminder_var_lib_t:sock_file { create unlink };

#============= syslogd_t ==============

allow syslogd_t init_var_run_t:lnk_file read;

#============= zoneminder_script_t ==============

allow zoneminder_script_t cert_t:dir search;
allow zoneminder_script_t cert_t:file { getattr open read };
allow zoneminder_script_t httpd_t:unix_dgram_socket sendto;
allow zoneminder_script_t init_var_run_t:dir search;
allow zoneminder_script_t sysfs_t:dir read;
allow zoneminder_script_t sysfs_t:file { getattr open read };
allow zoneminder_script_t zoneminder_tmpfs_t:file map;
allow zoneminder_script_t zoneminder_var_lib_t:dir { create rmdir };
allow zoneminder_script_t zoneminder_var_lib_t:file { create getattr lock open read unlink write };
allow zoneminder_script_t tmpfs_t:dir { add_name write };

#============= zoneminder_t ==============
if (zoneminder_can_sendmail) {
allow zoneminder_t smtp_port_t:tcp_socket name_connect;
}
#add ftp and sftp here
#sftp needs some extra work I guess.
if (zoneminder_can_ftp) {
allow zoneminder_t ftp_port_t:tcp_socket name_connect;
allow zoneminder_t ephemeral_port_t:tcp_socket name_connect;
}

allow zoneminder_t v4l_device_t:chr_file map;
allow zoneminder_t zoneminder_tmpfs_t:file map;

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx