Re: CentOS7 SELinux doesn't seem to adhere to MCS categories

Il 21-03-2018 17:16 justina colmena ha scritto:
MLS and MCS were originally intended for top-secret (TS/SCI) government
work at the NSA.

The MLS (Multi-Level Security) corresponds to the levels "s0-s15".
These were supposed to represent various levels of government security
classification, e.g. FOUO, Confidential, Secret, Top Secret.

The MCS (Multi-Category Security) was intended for "Sensitive
Compartmented Information" or "SCI". (Not my department -- I don't need
to know -- that sort of thing.)

MLS and MCS are not enabled or enforced in the "targeted policy" which
is not intended for heavily targeted systems, but rather to target
scarce open-source SELinux policy development resources at the
hardest-hit and most vulnerable sub-systems.

There has not been much interest in developing open source MLS/MCS
policies for SELinux on end user systems. I'm glad to see someone is
tinkering with it.

But why it does work on CentOS6?
What can be done to let it work on CentOS7?
Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico