Re: [Non-DoD Source] An selinux issue

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:26:14 PM AKST m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Stephen Smalley wrote:
>
> > On 03/07/2018 03:18 PM, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> >> CentUS 7.4
> >> From sealert:
> >> SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/sshd from read access on the file
> >> /etc/ssh/moduli.
> >> Except:
> >> ls -laFZ /etc/ssh/moduli
> >> -rw-r--r--. root root system:object_r:etc_t:s0         /etc/ssh/moduli
> > NB: You have "system" rather than "system_u" above, unless that's a typo.
> > Which would be an invalid user identity, and thus an invalid security
> > context, and therefore mapped to the unlabeled context at runtime.

CentUS or CentOS? "system" or "system_u"? Am I to be amused?

This is frustrating. This sort of thing is typical of a hacked system, and for
us ordinary users, there is no sane SELinux policy development taking place. A
lot of these security labels can easily, freely, and arbitrarily be changed by
ordinary users with the "chcon" command, there is a lot of covert resistance
to locking things down any further or fixing persistent security problems, and
SELinux has never really moved beyond the philosophy of

# touch /.autorelabel && reboot