Re: SELinux read-only rootfs

On Fri, 2018-02-02 at 11:01 +0000, sajjad ahmed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can SELinux enable Linux boot/operate with read-only rootfs? I'm
> working on an IoT project and read-only rootfs is a security
> constraint and SELinux enabled image is unable to properly
> boot/operate in this environment. Is this SELinux limitation, or we
> can fix this with proper mount configurations.

It should be possible to make this work.  Android for example operates
with SELinux and a read-only rootfs, although it has a very different
userspace and policy layout.  What exactly is the problem you are
encountering with SELinux and a read-only rootfs?  You should only have
a problem if you are trying to make a change to the policy or the
rootfs labels at runtime (as opposed to setting them all up at image
build and having them remain static at runtime).