RE: Unable to use audit2allow on avc denials

Sure thing, here is the AVC in the /var/log/messages file. I don't see this in /var/log/audit/audit.log but I see other logs in there.

Sep 20 09:03:14 redacted kernel: type=1400 audit(1505916193.999:16716): avc:  denied  { read } for  pid=33245 comm="in:imfile" name="named.log" dev="dm-9" ino=143 scontext=system_u:system_r:syslogd_t:s0 tcontext=system_u:object_r:named_cache_t:s0 tclass=file

Srangely, auditd doesn't seem to be running and systemctl can't interact with it. Possibly because of a dependency

Failed to stop auditd.service: Operation refused, unit auditd.service may be requested by dependency only.
See system logs and 'systemctl status auditd.service' for details.

● auditd.service - Security Auditing Service
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/auditd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2017-09-13 14:06:04 CDT; 6 days ago
     Docs: man:auditd(8)
           https://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/
  Process: 911 ExecStartPost=/sbin/augenrules --load (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 910 ExecStart=/sbin/auditd -n (code=exited, status=6)
 Main PID: 910 (code=exited, status=6)

Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

--Matthew Wilkinson