Re: Maintaining file context tags across network transfers

Am 31.01.2017 um 00:48 schrieb Jeff Becker:
> Hi. I was hoping to use sftp/vsftpd to transfer a file between two
> hosts (both) running SELinux, and have the file tag remain the same on
> both the source and destination. However, it seems that the behaviour
> I see is like cp (without any options) - that is, the destination file
> inherits the tag of its containing directory.
the selinux file context is saved in FS extended attributes. With for
example rsync and the --xattrs (-X) option it should copy this. Seems
there is a --xattrs option for tar too.

Don't know if this is possible by sftp/vsftpd at all.

As SElinux is about preventing bad things: how do you ensure you trust
the client to set selinux labels?

- Thomas