Re: How to allow nginx communicate with python application over socket?

Hi,

Interesting point you've got there. It didn't occur to me. Probably,
because lately I saw a lot of ruby apps (sites), storing sockets and
pids right in their own directories. And after posting my question I
was able to make it work by changing type of the directory, where
socket resides, to httpd_var_run_t.

And now that I think about it, in terms of effort (say, number of
commands) both solutions are identical. One thing that slightly
concerns me in your solution is that the directory looks like the
place for files, owned by packages. Well, maybe because I didn't see
anything other than that there. But lately I see this trend (not sure
how widespread it is, probably has to do with emergence of devops
thing), where apps (sites) run daemons, not backed by init
scripts/service files. Keeping the app in the user's directory, and so
on. And following it, storing pids/sockets in the app directory seems
like a good idea.

But if you think about it, there's probably not much difference.
Anyways, thanks for the idea.

Regards,
Yuri