Re: Fwd: SELinux does not apply file context to unix domain socket

On 08/15/2016 09:56 AM, JONIK NSK wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I did some research and have successfully solved topic's problem.
>
> First issue is that the path /opt/netbox/netbox/netbox/gunicorn\.sock in
> file context rule was not an real filesystem path, because the middle
> netbox component was a symlink to netbox-1.x.x, therefore restorecon did
> not work.
>
> Second issue is that the daemon actually recreates the socket file, and
> socket inherits its parent dir context (thanks to Philip for this hint),
> therefore file actually has a usr_t context.
>
> Thus, I created a directory/opt/netbox/run for the runtime-environment
> and set on it the httpd_var_run_t file context:
>
> # semanage fcontext -l | grep netbox
> /opt/netbox/run(/.*)?    all files    system_u:object_r:httpd_var_run_t:s0
>
> Next, I defined the socket path in my app configuration to this directory:
>
> bind = 'unix:/opt/netbox/run/gunicorn.sock'
>
> Finally, I restarted app, and the socket is created with the correct
> context:
>
> # ls -lZ /opt/netbox/run/gunicorn.sock
> srwxrwxrwx. netbox nginx system_u:object_r:httpd_var_run_t:s0
> /opt/netbox/run/gunicorn.sock
>
> Hope that this will help someone.

Yeap, that's a nice solution. What is your directory structure under
/opt/netbox/run?

There is a chance to define a file context equivalence using
semanage-fcontext. So for example

# semanage fcontext -a -e / /opt/netbox
# restorecon -R -v /opt/netbox

> --

Miroslav Grepl
Senior Software Engineer, SELinux Solutions
Red Hat, Inc.