Re: --EXTERNAL--Welcome to the "selinux" mailing list

The approach I used some years ago was to start by reading the NSA docs as best I could, though I did not take them in even close to fully, but I’m still glad I didn’t skip that step. They seem to be here now, I’m out of date at this point https://www.nsa.gov/what-we-do/research/selinux/documentation/

Next I read the some redhat and centos docs for practical steps to get the targeted policy running on my systems - they are a relief at that point! It has boiled down for me to fixing file context rules first and only adding new policy rules when there was a need and it made sense. There have been times when I generated policy blindly with the tool audit2allow just to get something running as being better than nothing. But experience has shown me that it is worth the time when I have it to figure out which of those were needed and which I was better off blocking. SELinux has been my friend in terms of saving me from buggy software as well. Let me know if you’d like some links.

Also this is cool: http://people.redhat.com/duffy/selinux/selinux-coloring-book_A4-Stapled.pdf

Maria