Re: A daemon that needs execmem

On 07/07/2016 07:46 PM, Göran Uddeborg wrote:
Hello,

It seems I have to use Teamviewer.  I downloaded and installed it.
Now I'm trying to put together a policy module to make it run without
putting SELinux in permissive mode.

This program uses a daemon, and for this I've created a new domain:

    type teamviewerd_t;
    type teamviewerd_exec_t;
    init_daemon_domain(teamviewerd_t, teamviewerd_exec_t)

    /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd	--	gen_context(system_u:object_r:teamviewerd_exec_t,s0)

Then I started to add "allow" rules.  Ausearch tells me I get an AVC
when "init_t" tries to use "execmem".  I'm guessing this is because
the execmem test is done before the type transition happens.

Obviously, I don't want to allow init_t the execmem permission in
general.  Is there some good way around this?  My best idea so far is
to create a wrapper binary, give this wrapper the teamviewerd_exec_t
type, and let it do exec() on the real teamviewerd program.  But it
feels a bit clumsy.  Are there more direct ways to do it?

Hi,
Could you attach raw AVCs and source policy files?

Thank you.

--
Lukas Vrabec
SELinux Solutions