Re: guest_t allowed to enter directories labelled with admin_home_t

On 09/29/2015 10:18 AM, Mario Rosic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the guest_t type is allowed to browse directories labelled with
> admin_home_t but guest_t is not allowed to interact with any
> non-directory files labelled with admin_home_t.
>
> That looks inconsistent to me. Why should guest_t be allowed to enter
> directories labelled with admin_home_t but not interact with any other
> files? Is there a reasoning behind that (i.e. am I missing something) or
> should I file a bug report?
>
> In my opinion guest_t shouldn't be able to browse folders labelled with
> admin_home_t.
>
> Regards,
> Mario
>
> PS
> That is on a RHEL7 machine.
>
> --

In Fedora/RHEL policy we allow all domains to search through all
directories.  The problem we have is
that we do not know whether labels exist under those directory that
guest_t needs access to.

If an admin created /root/guest_data, then guest_t should be allowed to
get to his data. He should not
be able to get any other data about content in the /root directory.  So
ls -l /root should fail.  But cd /root/guest_data
should succeed.