[NEWBIE, HELP] Help on my first contact with selinux.

Dear list,

I maintain the lirc package. This is basically a daemon handling IR remotes, adding some flexibility and functionality to the kernel.

Recently we have moved from a model where the daemon runs as root to running as a regular user. The test environment has been run with selinux disabled, so we missed the selinux denials this created. Now, I need to correct this - but I'm new to selinux and somewhat lost..

Reading the docs I have created a simple-minded patch[1]. Has anyone time to give it a look and provide some feedback, direct or perhaps some better links than I have found [2]? The patch does mute the AVC denials messages, but I guess there are other things to think about (?)

Cheers!

--alec

[1] http://ur1.ca/nt44a
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux_Policy_Modules_Packaging_Draft