Re: How do I create a directory in C that will follow selinux file context rules?

Hi,

On 03/24/2015 10:45 PM, Jayson Hurst wrote:
I need to create a directory in a C binary.

I am currently doing something similar to this:

status = mkdir("/home/cnd/mod1", S_IRWXU | S_IRWXG | S_IROTH | S_IXOTH);

But when the directory is created it ends up with the wrong SELinux context. It inherits it's parent's context and
not the one defined in file context.
This is right behavior. When you create some file it inherits it's parent's context.
Is there a C call that can be used that understands how to correctly create and label SElinux directories?
You can define filename transation in selinux policy related to your daemon.
More informations and tutorial how to use it, you can find here: http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/46018.html

If you need some help, please feel free to contact me.

Regards.

--
Lukas Vrabec
SELinux Solutions