Re: Knowing policy contents

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 09:52:02AM +0100, Dominick Grift wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 00:44 +0100, Maciej Lasyk wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Let's say that I have file
> > /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/modules/lvm.pp
> >
> > What would be the easiest way to view the policy that this file
> > contains? Normally when creating policy myself I firstly create .te file
> > which contains my desired policy rules.
> >
> > But how could I know how the policy looks like for already created and
> > loaded policies? Let's stick to that lvm.pp as the example.
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
>
> You can use the semodule_unpackage command to extract the policy package
> (.pp) See man semodule_unpackage
>
> Then you can disassemble the extracted module (.mod) with the (se)dismod
> command ( i do not believe there is a manual for that program but its
> for example sedismod lvm.mod (or something))
>
> The (se)dismod program has a menu that allows you to query most of the
> modules content (what waas in the lvm.te) file
>
> The program is a bit unfriendly an rough on the edges but it does help

I already tried with semodule_unpackage (found about it here:
http://serverfault.com/questions/321301/how-do-i-view-the-contents-of-a-selinux-policy-package
) but unfortunately every time I try to unpack *any* module from
targeted active modules I get:

root:modules/ # semodule_unpackage lvm.pp lvm.mod
libsepol.module_package_read_offsets: wrong magic number for module
package:  expected 0xf97cff8f, got 0x39685a42
semodule_unpackage:  Error while reading policy module from lvm.pp

Stracing this semodule_unpackage gave me nothing, so I stucked here.

Is there any repo that I could browse .te files from the official Fedora
/ targeted policy?

Maciek