Re: A question of trust

Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jan 2014 11:04:33 -0500
> m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> So, why *should* we trust it?
>
> The choice is your to use or not use.
> Otherwise they can clone my pc for all I care.

Of course, RH, and all its descendants, like CentOS and Scientific Linux,
have it enabled by default on a basic install. For one thing, I turned it
to permissive when I just rebuilt my system at home, and have no intention
of enforcing - it drives me crazy enough at work, and if they want to read
my email or personal stuff, they need to come in with a warrant (I use
pop3, not imap)

At work... we do have HIPAA and PII data on some machines, and so that
*is* a concern - the NSA should *not* be looking at that stuff.

        mark