Re: filtering outgoing packets with SELinux and iptables

On October 23, 2013 11:00 , Mark Montague <mark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On October 23, 2013 10:28 , Konstantin Ryabitsev
<icon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to be
able to only allow httpd_myapp_script_t to connect to 192.168.1.1 port
443, but not any other IP address. This is actually quite common -- an
application may need to make a REST call to some site, but it really
has no business talking to any other hosts on the net.

# Restrict what things running under php-fpm can access.  We're using a
# local policy named phpfcgi here because Red Hat's policies include an
# alias of httpd_t for phpfpm_t, and if we use that then these rules
would
# prevent httpd from communicating with clients.
-N PHPFPM
-A OUTPUT -m selinux --task-ctx system_u:system_r:phpfcgi_t:s0 -j PHPFPM

I should add that the local SELinux policy that I'm using for PHP-FPM is a modified version of prometheanfire's work, which he has previous posted to this list:

https://github.com/prometheanfire/selinux-modules.git

I've renamed the types and added a couple extra allow rules for things that my installation of PHP-FPM needs to be able to do, but none of the modifications are related to restricting network traffic; the magic for that is all in the kernel module and iptables rules.

--
  Mark Montague
  mark@xxxxxxxxxxx