Re: First crack at argparse parser for semanage.

David Quigley wrote:
> On 04/18/2013 10:12, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> David Quigley wrote:
<snip>
>>> Attached is my first crack at the argparse version of semanage.
<snip>
>> Well, if you're screwing with semanage's syntax... can't the bizarre
syntax of wildcards be changed to something *normal*? Y'know, like make
semanage fcontext -a -t httpd_sys_content_t /web\*
>> ?
>> And why doesn't semanage have a was to set -t u?
>
> I'm not sure I understand your last question. Also I'm trying not to
mess with the syntax so we don't obsolete all the documentation out
there.

Maybe, but the semanage syntax for wildcards is *utterly* unlike any other
usage - any shell, or perl, or whatever, and I see absolutely no reason to
have it so different. I guarantee it confuses people - I had problems just
a bit ago.

And the second note - if there's a syntax for semanage that lets me change
user context, I don't see it - the -s doesn't seem to let me do, for
example, -s system_u.

      mark

--
mark's standard complaint about the selinux list: NO OTHER LIST I'm on, or
have been on in the 22 years I've been on the 'Net, is configured to have