auditd messages appearing on system console

We are in the process of transitioning our product from RHEL5 to RHEL6.

Now with the move to RHEL6 we have started to see all the selinux related
messages from auditd appear on the system
Console which is undesirable, in addition to being logged to the audit
logs.

This issue does not exist in the RHEL5 version of our product.

Is there a way to get around this behavior?

Thanks,
Anamitra