/usr/bin/xauth: error in locking authority file

I've searched the archives about this particular
problem and not found a reference to it. While
a Google search yields some results, the solutions
provided do not solve my problem.

When we run SELinux in enforcing mode and
attempt to ssh to the host using the -X option
(yes, I've tried the -Y option) a user will see a
pause on the console and messages such as:

benites@host1's password:
Last login: Thu Mar 15 11:17:22 2012 from host0
/usr/bin/xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/benites/.Xauthority
[benites@host1 ~]$ xbiff
Error: Can't open display: localhost:10.0
[benites@host1 ~]$

If we switch the host to permissive mode the X11
forwarding works fine.

What is most peculiar is that there are no messages in
audit log to identify why the forwarding is denied when we
run in enforcing mode.

Some post I have read suggest it has to do with the file context
on the home directory and/or .Xauthority files:

[benites@host1 ~]$ ls -lZd /home/benites /home/benites/.Xauthority
drwxr-xr-x. benites users system_u:object_r:default_t:s0   /home/benites
-rw-------. benites users unconfined_u:object_r:default_t:s0
/home/benites/.Xauthority

I've tried changing the context on both, but nothing
seems to fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-- Bob