Re: selinux equivalent of umask or setuid bit

On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 07:59 -0500, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

> The situation is this:  I'm supporting a web hosting company who uses
> drupal, and they're constantly adding & removing plugins via drush.
> Since this is a non-OS-specific application, it doesn't know anything
> about how it should set the context on files it creates.  Fortunately,
> (!) my client has been hacked before, so they're extremely cautious
> when it comes to ignoring selinux practices.  They are manually
> changing the context of all these files, which is tedious.  But at
> least they're doing it.

Given that it doesn't know the actual context it wants to use, perhaps
it should just invoke restorecon on the files or use the
selinux_lsetfilecon_default(3) API after creating them.  That will look
up the policy-specified context (from the file_contexts configuration)
and apply it.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency