Re: circular policy references generated by sepolgen

On 01/10/2012 10:59 PM, Michael Atighetchi wrote:
All,

I have a number of custom policies that I developed on a Fedora 14 system by using sepolgen and iterating over the policies up to a point where they are violation free.

When trying to install those policies on another system, I've run into a circular dependency issue. No matter what order I call the 6 .sh scripts created by sepolgen, I always end up with missing required types, e.g.,:

----
[proxyuser@lime selinux]$ sudo ./CZwd.sh
Building and Loading Policy
+ make -f /usr/share/selinux/devel/Makefile
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
+ /usr/sbin/semodule -i CZwd.pp
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: CZwd's global requirements were not met: type/attribute CZfwa_t (No such file or directory). libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file or directory).
/usr/sbin/semodule:  Failed!
----

Presumably, one can break these cycles by defining all required types first.
Is there a manual way to do this using the SELinux tools?

Thanks
Michael

You should use "optional_policy" statement in your policies to prevent this issue. I wrote a blog about this

http://mgrepl.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/troubles-with-policy-development-part-1/